Wednesday, February 3, 2016

LOAD216 Day 3

LOAD216 Wednesday's are Culture and today the prompt was music.

I thought song titles for my first LO. I was struggling at first with a idea for page 2 so I let it simmer while I looked for picture to go with a song title. I looked at pictures first and did some searches for song titles or lyric that made sense. But was getting nowhere fast.

14-2016

I turned to Pinterest next, I am going to rely on my Pinterest board for this LOAD a lot and this pin  made me think of a party.  So our last party was New Year's Eve so these pics of the girls were perfect. I went b&w to cut the crazy colors of the back drop of the Christmas tree(yes I was too lazy to take it down before the New Year). I did erased the b&w where the silver and gold was on their hats, I thought it added the right amount of sparkle and fun.


I brought out the water colors and did the package smushing technique and big splats of color here and there. I layered a Fancy Pants pink diagonal stripe from the Meology line as a frame in the background.

For LO 2 I decided to go with a  twist on the prompt. "Music to my ears" came to mind. My youngest daughter wanting to read is definitely music to my ears. 

15-2016

I struggled with this LO a bit, The long title was make the LO off balance to me, it felt disconnected with how I ripped my layers in the picture cluster. 

I decided I was too far gone to start over so I just keep adding more. The large chipboard pieces are from Maggie Homes Open book line. This is a couple that I felt I would never use but they made the difference on this LO. 

The frame is Heidi Swapp September Skies floral. I am not a floral paper lover so I decided that so many floral paper are in my stash, through paper pads that I need to find a way to use them. As a frame they really just look like color. Win Win.



Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment